A co-production between The Royal Ballet and American Ballet Theatre. First performed on 2 June 2022 at the Royal Opera House, UK, choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon.
Like Water for Chocolate was originally commissioned as a co-production between The Royal Ballet and American Ballet Theatre, first performed on 2 June 2022 at the Royal Opera House, UK, choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon. Original work based on the novel ‘Como agua para chocolate: novela de entregas mensuales con recetas, amores, y remedios caseros’ (1989), by Laura Esquivel.
Unavailable for performance.
A modern Mexican classic of magic realism provides the basis for The Royal Ballet’s new full-length work, reuniting Artistic Associate Christopher Wheeldon with the creative team who transformed Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and The Winter’s Tale into dance, composer Joby Talbot and designer Bob Crowley.
- The Ballet Music of Joby Talbot
- Joby Talbot is the only living composer to have written the music for three full-length ballets for The Royal Ballet in London. Explore his third full length narrative ballet Like Water for Chocolate, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Winter's Tale and his other dance works.
- A perfect match - Talbot and Wheeldon
- 15th February 2024
- The celebrated partnership between Joby Talbot and choreographer Christopher Wheeldon has resulted in 5 contrasting and individual works for the stage.
- ABT brings Talbot's Like Water for Chocolate to Met Opera
- 20th June 2023
- American Ballet Theatre opens its summer season at the Metropolitan Opera House on June 22, 2023 with the New York premiere of Like Water for Chocolate.