Wise Music Classical | Job Vacancy | Creative Manager, Festivals & Venues
14th March 2019
Wise Music Group, one of the world's leading publishing companies, is recruiting a Creative Manager working within the promotion team of the classical companies.
The post-holder will be responsible for the promotion of an eclectic range of composers and music published by Wise Music Group (MSG) to the wide range of venues and festivals in the UK, Europe and Asia. The successful candidate will have a first-class network of programmers and presenters and a broad knowledge of contemporary classical music and today's composers and cultural landscapes.
The role, based in London, offers the opportunity to travel within the UK and abroad and requires some out of hours working in the evenings and at weekends.
Our publishing houses include Chester Music, Novello & Co, G Schirmer, AMP, Edition Wilhelm Hansen, UME and Leduc, with living composers including Ludovico Einaudi, John Luther Adams, Anna Thorvaldsdottir, Peter Gregson, Oliver Davis, Judith Weir, Joby Talbot, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Bryce Dessner, Tarik O'Regan, Kaija Saariaho, Nico Muhly, Helen Grime, Hans Abrahamsen, Paul Mealor, John Corigliano, Philip Glass and many others. Highlights of the back catalogue comprise works by Igor Stravinsky, Francis Poulenc, Samuel Barber, Malcolm Arnold, Olivier Messiaen, Witold Lutosławski, Jean Sibelius, Hans Werner Henze, Peter Maxwell Davies, Richard Rodney Bennett and John Tavener.
CREATIVE MANAGER (FESTIVALS & VENUES)
Department: Wise Music Classical Reports to: Promotion & Communications Director, Wise Music Classical Location: Berners Street, London W1T 3LJSalary: c30-40K according to experience Hours of Work: Full-TimeApplication Deadline: Noon on Monday 1st April 2019
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position, to: Jenn.Perry@wisemusic.com.
A successful candidate will possess:
• First-class interpersonal skills
• A pro-active initiator
• At least two years' experience of working in the promotion or performance management of classical, multi-media or contemporary music
• A genuine interest in and passion for contemporary classical music across all genres and styles
• A strong working knowledge of the music industry as a whole
• A proven track record of developing and managing projects
• An awareness of current and emerging markets and opportunities for contemporary music
• A degree qualification or equivalent
• Excellent written English and communication skills
• Working use of Microsoft Office, or similar, and social media platforms
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Shaping the Business - The Marketplace
• To promote our composers and their repertoire to artistic directors and producers of festivals and venues
• To research markets into which the rights owned by MSG will be promoted
• To provide opportunities for the commissioning and performance of music published by MSG
• Travel to attend concerts as required and to meet with presenters.
Composers and their music
• To be the principal contact for a list of composers and specific composer projects
• To maintain relationships between composers and/or their agents
• To help deliver local company-wide promotion strategies
• To approach potential programmers and commissioners, locally and internationally, and to secure opportunities for the composers and rights owned by MSG
• To liaise with the Managing Editor over production and availability of materials and delivery schedules.
• To maintain accurate schedules for the composers for whom the post holder is the key contact
• To record information regarding composers and their music on departmental systems
• To garner opportunities for new commissions and projects for MSG composers.
Internal and External Interaction
• To respond to enquiries from internal departments in relation to the work of composers
• To take action on external enquiries in relation to our copyrights and composers
• To liaise with sister companies in affiliated territories on promotion priorities
• To provide information to external agents and managers working with the composers
• To attend concerts, conferences and meet regularly with presenters both locally and internationally
• To attend departmental and company meetings.