Music Sales Group | Job Vacancy | Licensing Administrator
3rd May 2018
Job Title: Licensing Administrator
Reporting to: Managing Director Chester Music Ltd
Location: Berners Street, London
The Music Sales Group is a dynamic, independent, and global music publisher, owning and managing over 200,000 popular and classical copyrights. As one of the world’s leading music publishers, we work with a large catalogue of living composers, some of the most important in their respective field, across a wide range of genres and idioms.
As part of a tight knit team in London, but with responsibility for liaising with colleagues in our companies worldwide, the role of the Licensing Administrator embraces a range of different licences, focussing primarily on the negotiation and licensing of grand rights in music used on stage.
The successful candidate will work closely with the existing licensing team, reporting to the Managing Director of Chester Music Ltd, and will be responsible for the processing of external requests to license our extensive catalogue of Grand Rights.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to develop a career in music publishing, right in the heart of London.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Negotiating licences and fees for the dramatic use of copyrights in the UK and in overseas territories where there is no direct representation
• Liaising with the hire library with regards to sending out performance materials on the completion of grand right licences
• Liaising with copyright owners for approval as appropriate
• Liaising with overseas affiliates, sub-publishers and agents for approval and assistance where applicable
• Drafting and issuing licences and managing their completion
• Raising and ensuring payment of invoices
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURAL REQUIREMENTS
• Some experience of working in the music business and knowledge of the systems used in the licensing of copyrights in the music industry
• Interest and knowledge of classical music, but be comfortable with a range of musical genres
• Natural negotiating skills
• Be able to present financial information clearly, accurately, efficiently and to deadline
• Eye for detail and good numeracy ability
• High standard of written and verbal communication and be able to communicate effectively and build good working relationships with internal MSG departments as well as overseas affiliates and sub-publishers.
• Good inter-personal skills which are essential to ensure positive customer and internal relationships, and successful licensing outcomes
• Team player
Core working hours are 0830 to 1730 Monday to Friday, however you will need to be flexible and able to work additional hours as required ensuring deadlines are met.
Please email CV and covering letter to Jenn Perry at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications 18th May 2018.