Music Sales Classical | Job Vacancy | Promotion Administrator
12th January 2018
Our publishing houses include Chester Music, Novello & Co, G Schirmer, AMP, Edition Wilhelm Hansen, UME and Leduc, with living composers including Judith Weir, Joby Talbot, Esa-Pekka Salonen, Bryce Dessner, Tarik O'Regan, Kaija Saariaho, Anna Thorvaldsdottir, Nico Muhly, Helen Grime, Ludovico Einaudi, Per Nørgård, Hans Abrahamsen, Paul Mealor, John Corigliano, Philip Glass and many others. Highlights of the back catalogue include works by Igor Stravinsky, Francis Poulenc, Samuel Barber, Malcolm Arnold, Peter Maxwell Davies, Witold Lutosławski, Jean Sibelius, Hans Werner Henze, Richard Rodney Bennett and John Tavener.
Location: London, W1T 3LJ, United Kingdom
Employer: The Music Sales Group
Department: Music Sales Classical
Application Deadline: 9am, Monday 29th January 2018
Salary: 20-24K according to experience
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Reports to: Promotion & Communications Director, Music Sales Classical
• To provide general administrative support for the Promotion and Communications Director and the Promotion Department team.
• To promote the music of composers published by the Music Sales Group (MSG) to the classical music marketplace both locally and world-wide, and to generate income for the company via these processes
• To act as PA for the Global Head of Promotion when required.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• To be the first point of contact for all visitors to the Music Sales Classical department
• To respond to all general enquiries received by the Promotion Department via email and telephone
• To update and manage department systems with all necessary information relating to our rights, our composers and their works
• To manage the upkeep of musicsalesclassical.com, including creating copy for news items
• To liaise with the internet department on the upkeep and development of the company website
• To manage our Social Media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
• To provide administrative support for the Global Head of Promotion on specific projects as required
• To process and monitor submissions to local and international award and competition panels on behalf of the composers
• To process orders for promotional scores and recordings
• To manage the office audio and score library
• To manage and update the department address databases
• To ensure the smooth running of the office – stationery, office supplies etc.
• To process invoices on behalf of the Promotion Department
• To maintain accurate records of press and review coverage of composers and performances
• To obtain recordings premieres and performances from radio, broadcasters and record companies.
• To organise mailings with the assistance from temporary staff when available
• To organise compilation recordings of repertoire for promotion purposes.
• To provide diary, meeting, phone, travel and accommodation support for the Global Head of Promotion as required.
Print and Digital Promotion
• To manage and co-ordinate promotion projects – printed, digital and events with the support of the Promotion and Communications Director and the Promotion Department team
• To work with the Promotion and Communications Director on annual promotion projects
• To provide copy and image research for the company website and related initiatives
• To provide assistance to departmental colleagues on all items of print including, press releases, composer leaflets, catalogues, the website and other publications as required.
• To liaise with sister companies and colleagues on specific promotional objectives.
• To respond to external enquiries in relation to the work of the composers
• To provide information to external agents and managers working with the composers
• To keep abreast of developments in the local and international cultural markets and to assess opportunities for collaboration with represented composers.
• To respond to enquiries from internal departments in relation to the work of the department
• To attend Promotion Department meetings, and take minutes
• To liaise with Promotion Department and Music Sales print and design departments with regard to the creation of promotional print items
• To work closely with the Promotion and Communications Director on the scheduling and production of digital news and digital mailings
• To communicate technical problems on the company website to the internet department and monitor their resolution
• To liaise with the internet department and colleagues in sister companies on specific areas related to website developments
• To liaise with Contracts Administrator on new work information and accurate data management thereof
• To liaise with the Editorial Department on issues relating to new commissions and materials as required
• To supervise the work of temporary intern staff.
The Promotion Administrator will have:
• First class interpersonal skills
• Excellent written English and communication skills
• An academic qualification in music
• An active interest in contemporary classical music
• Experience of working in the promotion or performance of both classical and contemporary music
• A knowledge of the music industry
• Working use of Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
Please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position, to:
Promotion & Communications Director
Music Sales Limited
14-15 Berners Street