G. Schirmer, Inc./Associated Music Publishers (AMP)
The Music Sales Group of Companies
The successful candidate will have experience in strategic leadership and a flair for building creative relationships within the classical music marketplace. The Promotion Director will manage the New York-based promotion team, responsible for the G. Schirmer/AMP catalogues and roster of Pulitzer, Grammy, Oscar, and Emmy-winning composers worldwide.
The Company represents some of the most important creators from the 20th and 21st centuries: Abrahamsen, Corigliano, Dennehy, Dorman, Einaudi, Fenton, Mazzoli, Muhly, Saariaho, Salonen, and Tan Dun, to name a few. The Group also publishes music by the celebrated composers of the past including Barber, Catán, Ellington, Ives, Lieberson, Lutoslawski, Menotti, Stravinsky, and Tavener.
G. Schirmer/AMP is the oldest continuously active North American classical music publisher and is part of the Music Sales Group, a global network of publishing houses. Through its network of publishing houses such as Chester Music, Edition Wilhelm Hansen, Alphonse Leduc, and Novello, the Group is a world leader in classical music publishing.
- Lead a dynamic five-person promotion team in managing an international roster of acclaimed composers.
- Devise short- and long-term range strategic plans in North America.
- With the Group Head of Promotion, agree international priorities for both living composers and for the extensive back catalogue held by Music Sales Group, G. Schirmer/AMP.
- Identify long range promotion targets for singular events (i.e. composer anniversaries, festivals, etc.).
- Consult regularly with artistic planners and guide the promotion team to discuss repertoire, season planning, and opportunities for all composers associated with the company.
- Negotiate commission fees and contracts, in liaison with the Director of Publishing and Administration, on behalf of our composers.
- Attend significant concerts and events, domestically and internationally.
- Extensive knowledge of classical music with a particular focus on contemporary classical music required.
- A wide network and experience in the classical music industry.
- An understanding of trends and strategies in classical music programming.
- A professional background and experience in classical music.
- Outstanding communication skills, including computer, written, and interpersonal.
Competitive salary, comprehensive health care program, and 401(K) offered.
Please submit resume, cover letter, references, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include 'Promotion Director' in the e-mail subject field.
No phone calls, please.
Music Sales Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sexual orientation, gender, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.