G. Schirmer, Inc./Associated Music Publishers
Music Sales Corporation, Inc. seeks a Vice-President of G. Schirmer, Inc./Associated Music Publishers (AMP). This is a senior-level position, responsible for the artistic leadership of the G. Schirmer/AMP catalogs and rosters of Pulitzer, Grammy, Oscar, Tony and Emmy-winning composers. The company seeks highly qualified candidates who possess the vision, leadership and experience necessary to lead one of the world’s premiere classical music publishing houses in its continued growth and development.
G. Schirmer/AMP, part of the Music Sales Group international music publishing network, is the oldest continuously active North American music publisher. In addition to publishing celebrated composers of the past, G. Schirmer represents works by many of the most important creators from the 20th and 21st centuries and continues to be a driving force in the dissemination of serious music composition — creating a vehicle for gifted composers to communicate their art and enabling American music to be heard across the globe.
- Oversee a dynamic six-person promotion team in managing a roster of internationally acclaimed Grammy, Pulitzer, Oscar, Tony and Emmy-winning composers.
- Devise and implement long range promotional plans in North America for both the roster of living composers and for the extensive back catalogue held by Music Sales Corp.
- Consult regularly with Promotion teams of our affiliate companies to devise international promotion strategies.
- Plan and execute long range promotion projects for singular events (i.e. composer anniversaries, festivals, etc.).
- Promote the music and activities of all composers represented by G. Schirmer/AMP and the entire Music Sales Group.
- Consult regularly with artistic planners to discuss repertoire, season planning, and opportunities for all composers associated with the company.
- Negotiate commissioning agreements, residency agreements, and other contracts on behalf of those composers.
- Frequently attend concerts & events in New York City area, in addition to traveling domestically and internationally to attend significant concerts and events.
- Identify opportunities for new composer recruitment and catalog acquisitions.
- Vast knowledge of the classical music canon with a particular focus on contemporary American classical music.
- Broad knowledge of, and extensive experience in, the classical music industry including familiarity with artist management and artistic administrators/directors, as well as an understanding of issues, trends and strategies in classical music programming.
- A professional (or equivalent) background and experience in classical orchestral music, opera, dance, and/or artist management operatic and a working knowledge of the history, aesthetics and critical components of the performing arts.
- Outstanding communication skills, including computer, written and interpersonal.
Competitive salary, comprehensive health care program, and 401(K) offered.
Please submit resume, cover letter, references, and salary history to email@example.com and kindly include "Vice President" in the e-mail subject field.
No phone calls, please.
Music Sales Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, gender, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.