The first concert, entitled Made in America, is on 24th January and will feature Riley's Another Secret eQuation, performed by the Kronos Quartet and the Trinity Laban Chamber Choir.
Two days later on the 26th the concert will centre around reactions to the 9/11 atrocities in a programme originally devised for the fifth anniversary. Gordon's The Sad Park, based upon recordings of schoolchildren talking about their experiences of events, will form the core of the concert while other contributions will highlight the global response from eleven different countries.
Visit the Barbican website for more information.
- Made in America
Tue 24 Jan 8pm, Hackney Empire
- Mazzoli - Harp and Altar (UK première)
- Riley - Another Secret eQuation
- Gordon - Exalted
- Awakenings: A Musical Meditation on the Anniversary of 9/11
Thu 26 Jan 7:30pm, Barbican Centre
- Gordon - The Sad Park
- Riley - One Earth, One People, One Love (from Sun Rings)
- Early Music
Fri 27 Jan 7:30pm, Wilton's Music Hall
- Glass - Modern Love Waltz (European première)
- Lutoslawski - Funebre (from String Quartet)