1904 - 1987
In 1925 he began his training at the Moscow Conservatory, studying composition under Catoire and subsequently under Miaskovsky, also continuing piano studies under Goldenveyzer.
The years 1932-1941 were the most influential ones in Kabalevsky's development as a composer. Most of his music for the stage and for radio productions was written between 1932 and 1941. The opera "Colas Breugnon" was based upon a subject by Romain Rolland.
Kabalevsky died in 1987.
6th May 2023
- University Orchestra
- Johannes M Stosch
- Carpenter Performing Arts Center, Long Beach, CA, United States of America
7th May 2023
- Cassidy Albrecht
- St. Olaf Philharmonia Perfoming
- Dr. Martin Hodel
- Performing movement I only.
- Skogland Center, Northfield, MN, United States of America
21st May 2023
- Fiona Huang
- Palo Alto Philharmonic
- Lee Actor
- Cubberley Theatre, Palo Alto CA, United States of America
- Violin Concertos
- Peruse a selection of violin concertos sure to soar, sear, and stun music-loving audiences. These scores offer distinct opportunities to spotlight both concertmasters and internationally renowned soloists.